The Text ID Mapping tab of the Field Properties dialog box specifies the lookup IDs of the data set element deployment objects you want Release to search for in a text-formatted field in the source org and substitute with the corresponding destination ID in the destination text-formatted field. Refer to the field property details topic for the list of data types available for text ID mapping.
To add a text ID mapping to a field:
- From the Data Set Editor, in Tabs view, click the Object Fields tab.
- In the row containing the field whose properties you desire to adjust, click the Properties (gear) icon.
- In the Field Properties dialog box, click the Text ID Mapping tab.
- In the Add Mapping list box, click the magnifying glass icon to show the list of available objects.
- Select an object.
- Notice Map Text IDs That Reference These Deployment Objects lists the deployment object API name and the data set containing text lookup IDs Release searches for in the source text field and remaps in the corresponding destination text field during deployment.
During deployment, for each object in the Map Text IDs That Reference These Deployment Objects list, Release maps the corresponding lookup IDs in the destination text field. Release disables this setting when you select Set Empty, Set Random Value, or Fixed Value.
Text ID mapping requires that Virtual External ID is the Record Matching Method of the data set element you select. Also, the data set element you select must deploy before the current data set element, therefore Prodly recommends including the element you select in a separate data set you deploy before deploying the current data set.
To delete a text ID mapping from the list:
- In the Field Properties dialog box, in the Map Text IDs That Reference These Deployment Objects list, locate the object you desire to unmap.
- Click the Delete (trash can) icon.