The invocations feature allows you to invoke custom Apex code running within any of the orgs involved in the deployment. Using this mechanism, you can automate almost any complex custom setup and tear down actions. Fine-grained control over when, how, and how often the custom logic executes means you have complete control over the timing and frequency of the flow.
How to Add an Invocation to a Data Set or a Deployment Plan
Unlike most other features in AppOps Release, there is no single invocations details page that lists all the invocations. Instead, AppOps Release stores invocations within data sets and deployment plans.
To create an Invocations Templates there are different ways to add the Invocations in your Environment.
- For New Invocations: You can also create invocation templates using New on the Invocation Templates page.
- For Deployment Plans: From the deployment plan details page, at the right edge of the Invocations section header, click New. New appears only when invocation templates exist.
- For Data Sets: From the Data Set Editor, in the right side of the header, click the Data Set Controls icon and select Invocations
Steps to Add Invocations
- Once in the Invocation page complete the following.
- Click Add.
- In the Invocation Template list box, click the magnifying glass icon to show the list of available templates.
- Select an existing template or –Create New Invocation Template– to create an invocation template from scratch.
- Notice AppOps Release disables Invocation Template Name and Invocation URL and automatically populates them with the values from the template you specified.
- For Invocation Target Org, select whether to invoke the endpoint in the source, destination, or control org.
- For Invocation Scope, select whether to invoke the endpoint in conjunction with the entire data set or an individual data set element within the data set.
- When selecting Data Set Element for Invocation Scope, also select the individual Data Set Element you desire to invoke the endpoint in conjunction with.
- For Invocation Order, select whether to invoke the endpoint before or after deploying the data set/data set element.
- Click Save.
- Notice AppOps Release adds the new invocation to the data set’s Invocations table.
- Click Close.