Release Date | 05.06.2022
With each release, Prodly strives to improve our product and deliver the results and features our users need to make their work easier and more efficient. Our release notes are available to our users to review our most anticipated feature releases including requests and suggestions provided by our customers and updates on our latest bug fixes.
What we are most excited about
Highlights from our latest release
- Skip Operations Override
- You can now utilize the ‘Skip Update’ or ‘Skip Inserts’ feature in Guided Deployment.
- If you wish to perform any of these actions in your deployment, there is no need to go back to your data set. Simply select which function you want to implement and deploy.
- The selected skip operation will override the data set configuration and will be applied to all objects in the data set.
- Lightning Web Components (LWC) now deployable
- LWC can now be selected for deployment as metadata in Guided Deployment
- Currently unable to be selected for comparison in the diff viewer
- Unsupported metadata types referenced in LWC may still not be deployable.
- Dependencies added for Permission Sets and Profiles
- For objects and fields only
- The metadata section in Guided Deployment now includes a list of Dependencies for Permission Sets and Profiles.
- Dependencies Navigation
- From the Dependencies list, use the eye icon to navigate to the dependency in the tree view above to view the component the dependency relates to.
- Select all the dependencies listed by selecting the checkbox at the top of the dependencies list next to the number of dependencies shown.
- Once the dependency has been selected in the tree view it will no longer appear in the Dependencies list below.
- Dependencies that are unsupported metadata types, or metadata types that require the installation of a managed package in the destination will be marked with a red ‘X’ icon.
- Hover over the red icon to view the corresponding message.
- Version Control Multi-User Support
- Multiple users accessing Version Control simultaneously will now have a seamless experience with no error/warning messages appearing for any user
For our users, from our users
Suggested improvements and feature requests from our users
- Sandbox search available for adding Environments with JWT
- Search feature enabled when selecting a Sandbox allowing users to search for Sandboxes by name and in alphabetical order
- User Feedback
- Small widget will be available at all times in the left side navigation panel to allow our users to provide their feedback while using our product.
- Turn on Version Control for an existing environment
- Users can now enable Version control to a managed environment by creating a new branch from the repository.
- When enabling Version Control the branch name will default to the environment name, however, the branch name can also be customized..
- Toggle Button on Query Filter
- The Query Filter Builder feature will no longer load automatically on Guided Deployment and Sandbox Seeding and instead will have to be activated by a toggle button.
Bug Fixes & Enhancements
Latest fixes and updates
- PM-800 Managed package has been increased to API version to 54
- PM-411 Price Rule in Metadata Comparison is now only marked as ‘Values Differ’ when values differ in source and destination
- PM-463 Object list in Version Control Manage Objects is now alphabetically sorted
- PM-515 AppOps application is no longer vulnerable to Open Redirect
- PM-531 Empty advanced query no longer shows as validated after destination change
- PM-537 Filter option for control in deployment results is now filtering by the name of the org and not ID
- PM-549 Sandbox Seeding object table will now load deployment objects
- PM-580 Errors will no longer appear for new users without license
- PM-618 Instance name will now appear in setup for a newly created control org
- PM-668 Correct icon now showing in Version Control for Azure
- PM-702 ‘Redeploy’ will now auto generate a deployment name instead of leaving the name blank
- PM-711 Link for Bitbucket inside environment card with Version Control enabled will now redirect to branch URL
- PM-759 Error will appear and unable to save selection in comparison view when selecting component types that combine include with exclude rules
- PM-762 Deployment from branch will no longer fail due to duplicate branch name
- PM-851 Load MetaData error “java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException” will no longer appear when comparison view is not selected
- PM-853 404 Error will no longer appear when adding a Sandboxing with JWT
- PM-861 Connecting to Version Control using Oauth (Bitbucket | Github Oauth) will no longer result in an error
- PM-862 Connecting to VC using Personal Access Token (Azure | Github Access Token) will now create branch/commit
- PM-863 Version Control enabled flags present only in environments where Version Control is enabled
- PM-864 Branch link in environment will no longer lead to error and will now redirect to branch page
- PM-865 Checkin/checkout will no longer fail with error if connected to Version Control and after navigating back to environment card- buttons for ‘deploy from branch’ and ‘save to branch’ will be selectable
- PM-836 Quartz dependency has now been updated to 2.3.2 to increase security
- PM-847 The DeploymentSchedulable schedulable global Apex class integrates with the legacy data set and connection based deployment service. Old schedulable methods replaced by new AppOps based methods.
- PM-799 Previous Apex endpoints were deprecated in the DeploymentService and DeploymentPlanService apex classes. New endpoints will be in the AppOpsGlobalService apex class:
- global static AppOpsWebServices.Jobs deploy(AppOpsWebServices.DeploymentServiceRequestV1 deploymentServiceRequest, String destinationManagedInstanceId)
- global static AppOpsWebServices.ManagedInstances getInstances()
- PM-722 AppOps Backend has been upgraded to Spring v5.3.18
- PM-723 Moover Backend to Spring has been upgraded v5.3.18