The Settings tab of the Field Properties dialog box provides many options that allow you to adjust destination field values during deployment.
To set field properties:
- From the Data Set Editor, in Tabs view, click the Object Fields tab.
- In the row containing the field whose properties you desire to adjust, click the Properties (gear) icon.
- In the Field Properties dialog box, click the Settings tab.
- Select the options you desire to enable.
- External ID – When selected, Release uses the field as the external ID for upserts. Refer to the topic on Release’s expanded upsert capabilities for more information.
- Create Missing Fields – Appears on custom fields only. When selected, Release searches the destination org for the field and if not found, creates the field in the destination org. When deselected, Release silently ignores the field.
- Sync Picklist Values – Appears on picklist fields when Sync Picklist Values is deselected on the root element. When selected, Release ensures the destination org’s values for the picklist match the values in the source org. Release adds any missing values to the destination org and deletes any destination org values not present in the source org. This checkbox appears only for picklist fields. The Standard Picklist Support topic contains a list of the picklists Release can synchronize during data deployment.
- Set Empty – When selected, Release sets the field to an empty value in the destination org.
- Set Random Value – When selected, Release scrambles field values in the destination org to obfuscate sensitive information or prevent unintended emails going to customers. Each scrambled value is a legitimate value for its field type, to continue to pass typical validation rules. Refer to Scrambled Value Ranges for more information.
- Fixed Value – When selected, Release sets the field in the destination org to the value you specify in Fixed Value Input.
- Prefix Value – Prepends the value you enter to the existing field value. Release disables this setting when you select External ID.
- Postfix Value – Appends the value you enter to the existing field value. Release disables this setting when you select External ID.
- Copy Relationship Value – When selected, Release copies the parent lookup field value as is, rather than performing an upsert. Users must guarantee the integrity of the ID manually.
For date and time values, you must enter them in these formats: