Prodly’s Asana integration allows users to link tasks to deployments for tracking and visibility purposes. All Prodly Users will be able to link tasks to deployments, however, their accessibility to tasks will depend on their level of access in Asana.
Requirements: Asana Account and Prodly User license
To set up the Asana Integration:
The Account Settings Manage custom permission is required to set up the integration.
- In Settings in the Release Tab open Integrations
- Select ‘Connect‘ next to Asana Integration
- Enter the PAT Token generated from your Asana account
- Select an Asana Workspace
- Select ‘Connect‘
- If successfully connected, you will see a link to your account and a green label showing ‘Connected‘
- Optional: Toggle on ‘Required‘ to require work items to be linked to deployments between sandboxes and to production environments.
Add Tasks to a Deployment:
- Set up your deployment as you normally would with Sandbox Seeding or in Deploy
- At the bottom of the page there is a section titled Asana with a search box beneath it
- Search for the task(s) you wish to link by number or name
- Select each desired task to add it to the deployment
- Remove selected tasks by clicking the X that appears to the right of the selected issue
See Tasks Associated with a Deployment
Once your Deployment has finished Submitting, view your results and linked tasks are displayed in Deployment History.
Add or Remove Tasks to a Completed Deployment
Asana Tasks can be added or removed from a deployment in Deployment History by selecting the Pencil Icon next to the Asana section and editing accordingly.