Prodly’s GitHub issues integration allows users to link issues to deployments for tracking and visibility purposes. All Prodly Users will be able to link issues to deployments, however, their accessibility to issues will depend on their level of access in GitHub.
Requirements: GitHub Issues and Prodly User license
To set up the Github Integration:
The Account Settings Manage custom permission is required to set up the integration.
- In Settings in the Release Tab open Integrations
- Select ‘Connect‘ next to GitHub Issues
- Add the Github Cloud Org URL
- Select from Oauth or use the API Token generated from your GitHub account
- Select ‘Connect‘
- If successfully connected, you will see a link to your account and a green label showing ‘Connected‘
- Optional: Toggle on ‘Required‘ to require work items to be linked to deployments between sandboxes and to production environments.
Add Issues to a Deployment:
- Set up your deployment as you normally would with Sandbox Seeding or in Deploy
- At the bottom of the page there is a section titled GitHub Issues with a search box beneath it
- Search for the issue(s) you wish to link by issue number or name
- Select each desired issue to add it to the deployment
- Remove selected issues by clicking the X that appears to the right of the selected issue
See Issues Associated with a Deployment
Once your Deployment has finished Submitting, view your results and linked issues are displayed in Deployment History.
Add or Remove Issues to a Completed Deployment
GitHub issues can be added or removed from a deployment in Deployment History by selecting the Pencil Icon next to the GitHub Issues section and editing accordingly.