Authorizing access for Prodly AppOps users consists of granting access to necessary components, assigning user permissions, and configuring browsers.
These steps require that you have the Modify Users permission enabled for your profile.
The Prodly AppOps app uses a Salesforce connected app to connect to the Salesforce platform.
To configure the Prodly AppOps connected app:
- In the Salesforce org where you installed the Prodly AppOps managed package, navigate to Setup > Apps > Connected Apps > Manage Connected Apps.
- Click Prodly AppOps.
- Click Edit Policies.
- In the Permitted Users list, select Admin approved users are pre-authorized.
- Click Save.
- Scroll to Profiles and click Manage Profiles.
- Select corresponding checkboxes to grant profiles access to the Prodly AppOps connected app.
- Click Save.
You do not need to configure the connected app to use the AppOps Release legacy deployment center.
The Prodly AppOps Admin and Prodly AppOps User permission sets grant access to the Prodly AppOps application, custom objects, and custom fields.
|Function||Prodly AppOps Admin||Prodly AppOps User|
|Manage account settings||✓|
|Manage control environment||✓|
|Authorize access to Salesforce environments||✓|
|Create data sets||✓||✓|
|Compare and deploy metadata||✓||✓|
|Run data deployments||✓||✓|
|View deployment results||✓||✓|
The following custom permissions can also be used to create additional permission sets for specific user needs.
- AppOps Control Instance Manage: Enables user to set and edit control instance authentication.
- AppOps Account Settings Manage: Enables user to manage account settings
- AppOps Metadata Manage: Enables user to compare and deploy metadata
To grant access:
- In Setup, navigate to Permission Sets.
- Select the Prodly AppOps Admin or Prodly AppOps User permission set or a custom permission set.
- Click Manage Assignments.
- Add the users who need access to AppOps.
The Safari browser requires adjustment to the privacy settings to correctly display the Prodly Account, AppOps Release, and AppOps Test tabs.
To change the settings:
- In the Safari privacy settings, allow cookies and allow cross-site tracking.