To access the Deploy page, in the left sidebar of the Release tab, click Deploy.
To select the source and destination environments for your deployment:
- On the Deploy page, navigate to the Source and Destination section.
- In the Source list, select the environment containing the data to deploy.
- In the Destination list, select up to five destination environments to deploy the data to.
To select the metadata for your deployment (If you are deploying reference data, deploying metadata is optional.):
- On the Deploy page, enable the Metadata thumb slider.
- Select a Validation Tests Option. This option instructs Release to call the exact same Validate Change Set routines that Salesforce calls, regardless of whether you click Validate or Deploy in the Confirm Deployment section. Your options are:
- Default – When the destination is production and your metadata includes Apex classes or triggers, Release runs the local tests. In all other sandbox and production cases, Release runs no tests.
- Run local tests – Runs all tests in your environment, excluding tests in managed packages.
- Run all tests – Runs all tests in your environment, including tests in managed packages.
- Select a Comparison View. This option limits the metadata retrieval to subsets you define on the Comparison Views tab. Leave blank to load all metadata, but please be patient! Loading metadata for large schemas can take several minutes and sometimes exceeds the Salesforce data download limit, resulting in an error.
- Click Load Metadata. Release compares the environments and displays each component with a colored dot:
- Green indicates the component exists in the source environment only.
- Red indicates the component exists in the destination environment only.
- Blue indicates the component exists in both source and destination and the values differ.
- Components with values that match are not shown.
- Use the filters to help you locate the metadata components you desire to deploy.
- Select components to show the comparison.
- Select component checkboxes to specify the components to deploy.
Why don’t all the components have checkboxes?
- Managed package components are not deployable and are shown for comparison purposes only.
- AppOps Release cannot yet delete metadata from the destination environment. Components that are present in the destination but not in the source are shown for comparison purposes only.
To select the reference data for your deployment:
- On the Deploy page, enable the Data thumb slider.
- Select a Data Selection Method.
- Select the desired deployment plan or data set.
- For data sets, optionally enter a Query Filter Override to specify the WHERE clause of a SOQL query for the root object. The query filter override supersedes the root data set element’s query filter.
To confirm and initiate your deployment:
- On the Deploy page, navigate to the Confirmation section.
- Optionally, add a Deployment Name to distinguish this deployment from other deployments on the Deployment History page.
- Optionally, add Deployment Notes that become part of the deployment results.
- Optionally, select Temporarily deactivate events? to automatically deactivate and reactivate all available platform automation during deployment.
- Initiate deployment in one of these ways:
- To validate your metadata and preview your reference data deployment (without actually deploying either), click Validate.
- To validate your metadata and then deploy your metadata and reference data, click Deploy.
- Monitor the deployment’s progress.
When clicking Deploy, metadata deployment initiates only if your choice for Validation Tests Option completes successfully.