AppOps Release creates a deployment history record for each deployment. Each record contains source org, destination org, and deployment status information.
To access the Deployment History page, in the left sidebar of the AppOps Release tab, click Deployment History.
The page displays pertinent information for each deployment you initiated from guided deployment:
- Deployment Name – Displays the name you provided for the deployment in guided deployment confirmation section.
- Submitted By – Displays the user who initiated the deployment.
- Source – Displays the connection name of the Salesforce org that AppOps Release deployed from.
- Destination – Displays the connection name of the Salesforce org that AppOps Release deployed to.
- Time Submitted – Displays the timestamp corresponding to the start of the deployment.
- Validation – Displays a checkmark when the deployment only validated metadata and/or simulated data deployment.
- Metadata Status – Indicates the current status of the metadata deployment:
- None Specified – Indicates metadata was not selected for deployment.
- In Progress – Indicates metadata deployment is underway.
- Completed – Indicates metadata deployment has finished.
- Failed – Indicates a problem with metadata deployment.
- Data Status – Indicates the current status of the reference data deployment:
- See Deployment Results
In this release, once metadata deployment completes, monitor the data deployment progress from the Deployment Results tab.
When you click Validate or Deploy in guided deployment or Simulate or Deploy in seed sandbox, the Deployment History page appears, listing the real-time current status for all metadata and data deployments. Each row of the list includes a selection to drill into the associated Deployment Results details page, which shows the real-time progress of your deployment or simulation, including separate sections for the overall result, individual record results, record batch results, data set results, and for deployments only, metadata results, deployment plan results and deployment plan step results.
To monitor deployment progress and view deployment results:
- On the Deployment History page, scroll up to see the most recent deployment in the top row of the list.
- Locate your deployment.
- Monitor the overall status for metadata in the Metadata Status column.
- At the right end of the row, click the dropdown arrow and select View Results to monitor deployment progress for both metadata and reference data.
The Deployment Results details page contains a progress bar and these sections:
- Deployment/Simulation Result provides pertinent information for the overall deployment or simulation.
- Deployment/Simulation Batch Results provides, for large deployments, results for each batch of data records AppOps Release processes.
- Deployment Plan Results provides results for the deployment plan and a list of the deployment plan steps in the plan.
- Deployment Plan Step Results provides results for the deployment plan step and a list of the deployment plan items in the step.
- Deployment/Simulation Data Set Results provides results for individual records for each data set element.
- Deployment/Simulation Record Results provides links to both the source record AppOps Release copied and the destination record AppOps Release created or updated for each record AppOps Release processed. This level allows for easy auditing.
- Metadata Results provides tracking information and a list of metadata components AppOps Release processed.
- Metadata Components Deployment Results provides results for the component.
Redeploy allows you to redeploy a previous deployment using the exact same configuration you previously specified. This action is most useful for data deployments, but it is available for metadata deployments as well.
To redeploy an item that appears in the Deployment History list:
- From the Deployment History page, locate the previous deployment you’d like to redeploy.
- At the right end of the row, click the dropdown arrow and select Redeploy.
- In the new row that appears, at the right end of the row, click the dropdown arrow and select View Results to monitor deployment progress for both metadata and reference data.
Edit and Redeploy allows you to adjust your previous metadata selections redeploy for up to 30 minutes from the original deployment attempt. This feature is most useful for correcting your metadata selections if your original deployment fails or you discover your original selections were incomplete or incorrect.
To edit and redeploy a metadata deployment that appears in the Deployment History list:
- From the Deployment History page, locate the previous metadata deployment attempt.
- At the right end of the row, click the dropdown arrow and select Edit and Redeploy to redisplay your metadata selections.
- On the Guided Deployment page that appears, expand the Metadata section.
- Adjust your selections.
- Click Confirm Deployment.
- Click Validate or Deploy.
- Monitor the deployment’s progress.
When clicking Deploy, metadata deployment initiates only if your choice for Validation Tests Option completes successfully.