This topic explains how to deactivate events for the duration of an entire deployment plan deployment. For fine-grained event control, add event controls to data sets in the deployment plan instead.
To add an event control to a deployment plan:
- From the deployment plan details page, at the right edge of the Event Controls section header, click New.
- For API Object Name, enter the API name of the object containing the events you desire to deactivate.
- Select one of these Event Types:
- Validation Rules
- Duplicate Rules
- For Event Scope, always select Deployment Plan to invoke the endpoint in conjunction with the deployment plan.
- To deactivate all events of the selected event type for the selected object:
- Select Deactivate All Events.
- Click Save.
Though selecting Deactivate All Events is an option, Prodly strongly recommends first having a thorough understanding of the purpose of each event and being very careful determining whether to deactivate them all.
- To deactivate individual events of the selected event type for the specified object:
- Click Save to create the event control record.
- Click the newly-created Event Control Name.
- Click the Related tab.
- In the Event Control Items section, click New.
- Enter an Event Name. For example, Filter_formula_field_null is the name of a validation rule event on the SBQQ_PriceCondition__c object.
- Enter an Event Namespace. For example, SBQQ is the namespace for Salesforce CPQ custom objects.
- Click Save.