To create a test case:
- From the Test Cases page, click New Test Case.
- Type a meaningful Test Template Name and Description.
- In the Function list, select the function the test case executes. Options available in the current release are:
- Calculate – Test price quote calculation using the Salesforce CPQ Calculate Quote API, which is the equivalent of selecting products in the quote line editor and clicking Calculate. To produce valid test case baseline values, you need a quote containing at least one quote line. Refer to the Calculate Prices Trailhead Module for more information.
- Contract – Test contract creation using the Salesforce CPQ Contract Generator API, which is the equivalent of selecting Contracted on an opportunity record to create a contract. To produce valid test case baseline values, you need an account with an uncontracted opportunity that has a primary quote (with a valid Start Date and either Subscription Term or End Date) containing quote lines with at least one subscription product. Refer to Creating a Contract from an Opportunity for more information.
- Renew – Test contract renewal using the Salesforce CPQ Contract Renewer API. To produce valid test case baseline values, you need a contract containing at least one subscription. Refer to the Manage Contracts and Renewals Trailhead Module for more information.
- Amend – Test contract amendment using the Salesforce CPQ Contract Amender API. To produce valid test case baseline values, you need a contract containing at least one subscription. Refer to the Manage Contracts and Renewals Trailhead Module for more information.
- In the Test Template list, select a test template to be the basis of the test case.
- In the Quote ID box, enter the ID of the quote record you’d like to test.
You can find the 18-character ID in the address bar of your browser when looking at the quote record in Salesforce. For example, a1T4T000000QNBfUAO.
- For amend and renew, creating a test case includes creating a quote record and an opportunity record as part of capturing the baseline values. To retain (not automatically discard) these created records, select Keep Created Records.
Capture the baseline values and save by either:
- Clicking Save to save the test case and return to the Test Cases page.
- Clicking Save & New to save the test case and start creating a new case.
AppOps Test queues the test case for baseline values capture and sets Baseline Status to Queued.
When capture is complete, AppOps Test sets Baseline Status to Complete and stores the results as baseline values in the test case for future comparison by test runs.