The main purpose of governor limits is to guard against software and system failures. By enforcing governor limits, Prodly ensures that both the Prodly AppOps Salesforce app and the Prodly AppOps backend service retain reasonable performance and do not breach sizes and limits for memory, CPU, heap, threads, and time.
This table lists the governor limits AppOps Test enforces, along with whether enforcement takes place in the Prodly AppOps Salesforce app and/or in the Prodly AppOps backend service. Whenever possible, enforcement takes place in the application UI.
|Maximum test fields per test template.||50||Yes||No|
|Maximum quote lines per test case.||500||Yes||No|
|Maximum baseline values per test case.||25,000||Yes||No|
|Maximum test cases per test run.||1000||Yes||No|
|Maximum records per test case. AppOps Test silently skips records above the limit.||50,000||Yes||No|
|Maximum concurrent test cases executions.||1000||No||Yes|
|Maximum number of test run result records per API batch request allowed by Salesforce.||2000||No||Yes|
|Maximum test case execution time in seconds.||180||No||Yes|
|Maximum scheduled test runs.||10||Yes||No|
The current release of AppOps Test focuses on testing and verifying this Salesforce CPQ functionality:
- Quote and quote line price calculations
- Quotes and quote lines created from the subscriptions and assets of an amended contract
- Quotes and quote lines created from the subscriptions and assets of a renewed contract
- A contract’s subscriptions and assets created from quotes and quote lines
And can test these field types for both standard and custom fields:
- Text fields (255 characters or less)
- Number fields
- Currency fields
- Date fields
- Formula fields
You can also include support for your custom fields. Refer to Adding Reference Fields for details.
Using the Salesforce CPQ Quote and Quote Line objects, testing price calculation, a contract amendment, and contract renewal can alert you to record level failures resulting from unintentional changes or errors. Potential causes for failures include changes to:
- Price rules
- Price rule formulas
- Custom scripting in the quote calculator plugin
- Evaluation order
- Discount schedules
- Contracted pricing
- Multi-dimensional quoting setup
- Process builder
- Workflow rules
- Approval thresholds
- Target amount functionality
- Price waterfall impacts
- Apex triggers on the Quote and Quote Line objects
- Quote and Quote Line object-related formula fields, field metadata, and lookup table data
AppOps Test is not a debugging tool that identifies the cause of failures. Instead, AppOps Test reports unexpected output results, which in turn alerts you that something related to quote and quote line records has unexpectedly changed.
Keep an eye on how much storage your test runs are using and delete unneeded test runs. The estimated size of 4000 test run result records is about 7MB.