Test Building Blocks
- Test Templates: Simply a list of fields (from one or more objects) for future use by test cases.
- Test Cases: Tests specific functionality using the fields from the test template.
- Test Runs: is a collection of test cases and the results of executing those test cases.
For maximum flexibility and versatility, you build Test components in this order:
- Start by installing the Prodly managed package in the org where your Salesforce CPQ installation resides.
- Identify the object fields to test, storing the list of fields as a test template.
- Test templates are the building blocks for test cases. Create a test case by selecting a template and other parameters that define what to test. On save, the test case executes and captures the results in the test case to use later as a baseline.
- Test cases are the building blocks for test runs. Create a test run by first selecting one or more test cases and then executing the test cases to generate test run results, which are then stored in the test run.
- In the future, rerun (automatic clone and run) the test run to generate a new set of test run results.