Each data set consists of a data set element for each deployment object in the data set, organized as a data set element chain. This topic describes how to:
- Navigate to and determine each element’s position in the data set element chain.
- Create and add a data set element to the chain and define the relationship direction of the data deployment. During deployment, AppOps Release deploys associated records only in the direction toward the checked objects. Tell Me More
- Delete a data set element (and all elements farther along the chain) from the data set element chain.
To traverse the data set element chain:
- From the Data Set Editor, in Tabs view, click the Parent Relationships or Child Relationships tab.
- In the Label column, click a linked object name to traverse the relationship path and navigate to the related data set element.
- Notice the breadcrumb navigation text in the upper left of the header shows the shortest path through the data set element chain from the root deployment object to the current deployment object.
To create a data set element:
- On the Parent Relationships or Child Relationships tab, navigate to the desired object.
- Select the checkbox for the object.
- Notice the object name in the Label field becomes a link.
- Click the link to navigate to the Element Details tab for the new data set element.
- Make your adjustments and click Save.
To delete a data set element:
- On the Parent Relationships or Child Relationships tab, navigate to the object label link to the desired data set element.
- Deselect the checkbox to delete the data set element for the corresponding object.
Deselecting checkboxes on the Parent Relationships and Child Relationships tabs deletes the corresponding data set element and all data set elements that are farther along the chain (but not also chained to the root element through another path).
- Click Save.